Different Online Business Models (1) – Blogging
What is a Blog and what is Blogging? A Blog is the short-form for Web-log (this is where the word Blog originates from). The contents that are created by the owner of the Blog is a Blogger. And normally, you will need to write on a regular basis in the style of a journal or diary.
The Blog is usually written in reverse chronological order. The latest Blog Post will appear on top and Bloggers blogs for various reasons:
- To share the hottest news;
- To comment on the latest news;
- To make public his/her personal diary electronically; or
- To drive traffic
If enough hype is created, you will have a group of readers that will read your Blog frequently (of course, you must update your Blog frequently too!). And you can actually turn this to your advantage by monetizing your Blog through:
- Marketing your own products;
- Selling other people’s products;
- Provide advertisements for other people
Key Components of a Blog
- You must have a Blog platform. If you are technical savvy, you can set up and host your own blog. Otherwise, you can use a 3rd party blogging platform.
- You must have a good Blogging ability. You need not be perfect in your language. However, you must write in a way that in is comprehensible to the readers. In addition, you must be able to identify good topics to post in your Blog. This will make your Blog interesting and readers that benefits from your Blog will keep coming back to your Blog.
- WordPress at WordPress.com to sign up for a free account.
- Blogger at BlogSpot.com to sign up for a free account.
- WordPress at WordPress.org if you are technical savvy enough to setup and install in your webs host.